Tuesday 2 October 2007

ramblings

I did really well last night I had a little urge to eat and I got past it, I didn't duck out of it I went to Tesco's and I looked round I stared at the chocolate and the biscuits but then I bought some Jordan's nut bars and then only ate 1 of them and the rest got put in the cupboard. I did have some stress at work yesterday but again I kept pretty calm and didn't beat myself up over it. It's his problem not mine I was right in what I did and I handled it correctly, he was the one that blew it up and that's the way he reflects attention from himself. The best thing was I didn't turn to food or did I feel the need to binge. I'm eating a diet now that I would regard as sustainable by me it's very healthy and for the most part sensible and normal. I'm getting away from dieting now to the point where I have stopped religiously buying low fat everything, it's more of a mixture now which I think is a good thing. I'm not getting carried away just yet because I know this is a long term thing and I still have things to learn but I think I'm educating my body to except healthier food made up of smaller portions.
Emotionally I'm on a pretty level footing at the moment. In truth I have probably over spent a little lately but it's nothing I can't deal with. I will get my holiday out of the way and hopefully by them my sessions with Mohamed would be nearing the end and I will be able to get my head down and pay some bills off. It's nothing I can't deal with and nothing I'm going to panic about. I'm still on interest free deals and basically it's all under control. I have just got the 1 card that needs paying off pretty quickly but it's in hand. My finances are in good shape right now. I'm starting to get into holiday mode it's only a little over 4 weeks till I'll be jetting off to the sun and I really can't wait. I'm really in need of some relaxation and sun, I'm going with a good friend and we get on really well, he's been there before which will be useful I think. I'm going to take my camera and get lots of photos.
I'm starting to realize how lucky I have been during this phase of my life, a couple of people who post on a forum I go on are having a really hard time during the management stage of LL. It's quite hard reading there posts knowing the tough time they are having but at the same time I'm getting so much from their posts. I quite often see places that I could go before I have been there and it wakes me up to that fact and I'm able to change my behavior before I start on that course. I know from all the posting they have done that they are very strong willed individuals and they will I'm sure work this through and succeed.

1 comment:

Mrs said...

Well done, Alan; you're making such good progress. I was really interested to see what you are choosing, food-wise, and the comment about low-fat stuff.

Take care.

Mrs Lard xx