Saturday 23 January 2010

Old habits... New habits.

As stated I have real problems with food, in the past I would over eat all the time, bingeing on chocolate, biscuits, cheese and crusty bread. Not forgetting Pepsi max where I could knock off 2-3 ltrs a day.

I no longer binge but I still have to battle to not place these items in my basket when shopping, I can take or leave chocolate now although I do occasionally treat myself with dark chocolate. I eat brown bread now as much as possible but I rarely have it at home. I've given up Pepsi max since 1/1/10, so far so good, thankfully the supermarkets keep the soft drinks at the end of the store so I don't need to pass when shopping.

Cheese is the thing I'm struggling with at the moment, I luv cheese to the point that I will brake off chunks and munch it just in passing. You can't beat a strong bit of cheddar or a nice bit of smoked cheese. I'm sure it jumps into my trolley without me realising :-S. My goal now is to move on from cheese, if I can do it with Pepsi then cheese should be easy.

On a positive note I've got some good habits going as well. I now have porridge every morning and really enjoy it. It definitely makes it easier to eat better during the day because I don't start hungry. I've also reduced the portion size of the meal I take to work, I only have a handful of pasta and I use a smaller container to put it in. I'm working on eating healthy when I get home in the evening and I'm going to continue to prepare a pan of home made soup every weekend.

I feel more secure when I have some sort of bar in the house and although I now buy healthier bars and they do sit in the cupboard for days on end. I'm going to try and stop buying them now.

This week has been frustrating with my back which is still not entirely better. I'm not going to rush it though but get better already. I've noticed that I'm starting to feel better internally, I think this is because it's starting to get lighter. I know it's only a few minutes but it's nice to finish work in daylight. I'm so looking forward to Spring.

This week is going to be exciting ( back permitting) I bought a new bike this week and it arrives next week( see pic). This is a serious bit of kit for a triathlete and means I've got to step up my attitude and training. Lots of stretching ahead, I wasn't designed to be flexible but I'm going to have to try and change this.

I'm also going to go to a swim session with Crystal Palace Tri Club and although I've been planning to do this for 2 weeks and not made it I'm not going except any excuses from myself this week. My swim needs more work than any of 3 legs of a tri and that needs to start now.
My knew bike; Quintana Roo Seduza.



1 comment:

Ray Wise said...

nice looking bike mate!.. good lucks with the cakes :)