Thursday 11 February 2010

3 and a half weeks

Since I last trained, my back pain which actually turned out to be Sacroiliac joint pain, has taken an age to improve. I've learnt available lesson as regards going to the doctors, I put it off for nearly 3 weeks thinking that I would get better with time. Where as what I actually needed was the anti inflammatory that he prescribed.


So tonight is the night I'm going to the gym after work, I'm going to start off gentle and see how we go. I'm looking forward to getting back to it I guess. I have missed it but at the same time part of me has enjoyed not having to go to the gym.


I'm yet to ride my bike properly in anger, I'm pretty excited about doing that although it's a scary prospect getting in that position. I've got to get my head down from here on in, I've got a huge amount of work to do if I'm going succeed in my goals for 2010. My friends on tweeter are a huge inspiration to me, seeing the training they do everyday is showing me what I need to be aiming for.


This weekend I'm heading to the TCR show, it'll be my second year and I'm looking forward to picking up some great tips and advice. I'm still planning what seminars I'm going to see but 1 down on the list is a Q&A with Chrissie Wellington, I attended last year and its was fantastic. I'm going to get fitted for new trainers while there as well, this will be my 1 big purchase this year apart from that my wallet will be closed ;)


1 comment:

Ray Wise said...

How's it going mate?.. Ride to work.. gym action.. getting there at last.. nice to see!