Sunday 17 January 2010

Been a while.....

since I've posted. over 2 years in fact. It's been eventful I've completed the London triathlon twice, the UK 70.3 the Reading half marathon, around 10 10Km and a couple of 6 km races, a few cyclo sportives including The London to Brighton. These are all good things and I'm proud of myself for doing them.
I'm still trying to find away to defeat my food demons and all the exercise has stopped me from getting to big again. I think I'm losing weight but it's a slow process. I struggle this time of year the long nights really bring me down and it's hard to get motivated to do anything. I could readily sleep 12 hours a day and quite often sleep 10 and still wake up tired. How different it is in the summer when I'm wide awake at 04:30 and more often than not I'll be out cycling or trying to run before work.
Over the winter I've kept up going to the gym, usually 4-5 times a week, basically trying to build up my strenght and to keep my basic fitness up. The weather hasn't allowed me to do much cycling but hopefully now I'll be able to start cycling to work again and indeed running also. These are my short term goals along with going along to a Crystal palace tri swim session. I've got 3 more sessions with my PT to go which will be 2 next week and 1 the week after. I also intend to get back to spin class next Thursday. I'm planning to continue a heavy emphasis on strenght training till the middle of February.
This week I'm also going to completed an outdoor run of around 5 km, as I haven't done one since November last year. By the end of the month I'm going to run to work at least once, a distance of 9km. I know I've got a lot of work to do before Reading.
So here it is all published for the world to see, my races for the year as it stands plus a few short term goals. My goal is to complete all the races and do myself justice and also acomplish the shorter term goals which because of the time of year will be harder for me than the later races.

1 comment:

galloping gilli said...

Best of luck with your training and all your planned races in 2010, look forward to following your progress, and see ya at the Outlaw..:-))..looks like it`s going to be a great event..cheers Dave